WHEELING CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
FIGHTING FOR VICTIMS OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN WEST VIRGINIA
After a car crash, you may be tempted to contact the insurance company to file a personal injury claim or other claims for damages. This would be a mistake! The insurance company is not on your side. The job of every insurance adjuster is to find a way to reduce or deny your claim, not to make sure that you receive full compensation for your injuries, that is what an experienced car accident lawyer will do. Insurance adjusters are skilled at twisting words and facts and can often get people to accept partial responsibility even when none exists. Never contact the insurance company without speaking to our Wheeling car accident lawyer first. A case evaluation is always free, so you have nothing to lose by giving us a call today! We’ll make sure that you receive all of the compensation you are entitled to and there is never a fee until we get you paid.
Things to Remember When Filing a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident:
- The insurance company does not represent you! They really only represent their own interests.
- The insurance company will almost always low-ball you unless you have a car accident lawyer.
- Never sign anything a claim adjuster gives you without speaking to a car accident lawyer.
- Always contact an experienced car accident lawyer if you have suffered serious injury.
“Brian Ghaphery won’t let the insurance company give you the runaround! He’ll make sure you get the compensation you deserve.”
HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT?
If you have been injured in a car accident, the last thing you need is the headaches of dealing with the insurance company. Let our Wheeling car accident attorney take on the insurance company for you. Because we have decades of experience helping car accident victims, we know all of the tricks that insurance companies use to reduce or deny your car accident injury claim. Our track record of success means that the insurance companies know us and they know we won’t let them push our clients around.
What can you do to help us get you everything you deserve after a car accident?
- Call the police and file a police accident report.
- This will help ensure the facts are properly documented.
- Get medical treatment right away even if your injuries don’t seem serious.
- After a car accident, you may have underlying injuries that do not manifest for hours or even days after the accident occurred. You need to have a complete examination by a doctor to determine the true extent of injuries and document them.
- Take pictures of the accident, vehicles, and damages
- Whenever possible take photos of the accident scene before the vehicles are moved. Once the vehicles have been towed away, some of the evidence that may help to prove your car accident injury case is gone forever.
- Contact our experienced car accident lawyer.
- Once you retain us, we’ll handle things from there. All that you will need to worry about is recovering from your injuries.
“Remember, you don’t need a big law firm to get big results and personal attention.”
What should you avoid doing after a car accident?
- Don’t talk to the other party’s insurance company. Tell them to contact your Wheeling car accident lawyer.
- Don’t put off medical treatment after a car accident injury. Seeking medical treatment immediately is the best way to protect your injury claim.
- Don’t provide information bills or other documentation to the insurance adjuster. They will get everything from your West Virginia car accident lawyer.
- Never provide the insurance company with medical records or give them permission to access your medical record. That should all come from you West Virginia car accident attorney.
- Never agree to accept any money from the insurance company without speaking to your car accident lawyer.
UNDERSTANDING COMMON TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Car accident injuries come in many forms and many degrees, from minor cuts and scrapes to traumatic brain injury or even death. What you should know is that what seems like a minor injury can actually be quite serious, but every day you delay treatment may reduce your injury claim.
The following are common injuries that occur in accidents:
- Broken bones
- Burns and lacerations
- Neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
What are the deadlines for filing a car accident injury claim?
There are many deadlines for submitting a claim after a car accident. This is where many people run into trouble and you may lose your ability to recover damages for your car accident injuries if you miss some deadlines. In general, insurance claims after a car accident must be submitted within a few days. If you blow this deadline, it may give the insurance company cause to deny your claim or at least make it more difficult.
West Virginia law sets a time limit or deadline to file a lawsuit based on a car accident injury claim. This is known as the “statute of limitations,” and in West Virginia, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the accident. This may seem like a long time but it goes by very quickly when you are dealing with insurance companies and trying to recover from your car accident injuries.
The best thing to do is to contact our wheeling car accident lawyer as soon as you can after a car accident. We will make sure that you are aware of all of the important deadlines and we’ll handle all of the paperwork to ensure your claim and demand for payment is submitted properly. If the insurance company decides to play hardball, our car accident lawyer will make sure that a lawsuit is filed on your behalf on time to force the insurance company to compensate you for your injuries.
Hire a Wheeling Car Accident Attorney
The Ghaphery Law Firm is the best choice for you if you want personal service from a Wheeling WV car accident attorney. We will fight to protect your rights and we won’t let the insurance company push you around. We will make sure that you get the medical treatment you need and all of the compensation you deserve. Call us today to request a free case evaluation.
No pressure, just sound advice so you can make an informed decision. Call Today.