Medical Malpractice Attorney in Wheeling, West Virginia
We have all been taught that health practitioners are the go-to people for our health concerns. Ranging from prescriptions to surgeries, we can always count on them to help us with our body’s needs.
However, medical practitioners are still human beings and are prone to errors, some more serious or fatal than the others. This is where a medical malpractice attorney comes in.
To make the definition concise, medical malpractice is the legal term for negligent actions by a health practitioner resulting in injury, illness, and even wrongful death.
Victims of medical malpractice are entitled to just compensation and a medical malpractice attorney can help them obtain these. There are several areas that medical malpractice covers ranging from birth injuries to nursing home abuse.
Let the reliable legal team from Ghaphery Law Offices, PLLC, a West Virginia personal injury law firm, help launch a medical malpractice suit for you or your loved one.
Experienced Wheeling, WV Medical Malpractice Attorney
Nothing is more traumatizing than having to suffer additional health problems due to negligent practices of the people who are supposed to help you care for your health.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice in Wheeling, WV, hire a medical malpractice attorney from Ghaphery Law Offices, PLLC.
An attorney can serve as your legal counsel and offer representation, negotiating claims in order for you to get maximum compensation for the damages you’ve endured. Don’t go through medical malpractice alone. Enlist the help of a Wheeling, WV medical malpractice attorney right now.
Why do I need a Medical Malpractice Attorney in WV?
Medical malpractice is a great tragedy that can be traumatizing in all aspects, from the physical to the mental anguish right down to the financial woes.
If you are currently embroiled in a medical malpractice case, don’t bear the burden of negotiating for claims. Know that a seasoned medical malpractice attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve so you can focus on recovery.
A medical malpractice attorney can help you navigate your case and fight for you in order to get the best, most favorable outcome possible. An attorney starts by reviewing and evaluating your case, providing personalized care and attention that is suited for your situation.
The law firm’s attorney is well-versed in the art of negotiation and can deal with insurance companies to prevent low-balling and help you get the compensation you need to move forward with your life.
Get in touch with a Wheeling, WV medical malpractice attorney right now from the Ghaphery Law Offices, PLLC. The attorney’s three-step method guarantees you the best outcome possible. Y
you don’t have to bear the burden alone. Enlist the help of a medical malpractice attorney who can advise on the best legal course possible so you can focus on healing.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is when patients are injured, exposed to illness, or even killed by negligence or erroneous actions of healthcare professionals. Medical malpractice spans wide areas from childbirth injuries, misdiagnoses, and hospital infections.
Given the nature of this case, victims are entitled to compensation. Enlisting the help of a medical malpractice attorney can help you understand the field, the legal issues and terms involved.
What are the Kinds of Medical Malpractices?
As mentioned, medical malpractice covers a wide array of fields but the common ground is it stems from the negligent action or inaction of doctors and healthcare professionals. Common areas include:
- Birth Injuries-Negligence during childbirth on the physician’s end can pose serious injuries. Among these include failure to diagnose congenital conditions and failure to respond to fetal distress.
- Hospital Infections-Hospital infections can arise from unsanitary medical equipment, improper antibiotic usage, and lack of proper hygiene on the healthcare practitioner’s end.
- Emergency Room Errors-These kinds of errors happen when a doctor or health practitioner fails to provide primary care to a patient in the ER.
- Misdiagnosis-Misdiagnosis accounts for a great amount of medical malpractice cases. This happens when a doctor fails to diagnose or wrongly diagnoses a disease that can result in a patient missing opportunities for care and recovery.
- Nursing Home Abuse-Nursing home abuse occurs when caretakers intentionally or unintentionally harm long-term care patients such as slow response to needs.
- Medication Errors-Medication errors happen from the moment of prescription to drug administration. This occurs when a doctor writes incorrect dosage, administers incorrect amounts, and more.
If you have experienced any of these, know that enlisting the help of a medical malpractice attorney is in your best interests. Get in touch with a Wheeling, WV attorney right now to get to the bottom of your case.
What Damages are Awarded In A Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Patients who suffered harm from medical malpractice can be awarded three kinds of damages, namely:
- General Damages– General damages pertains to compensation for the suffering due to malpractice such as physical and mental pain, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment in life, and more.
- Special Damages- Special damages are more quantifiable such as medical bills and lost wags.
- Punitive Damages– Punitive damages are meant to hold physicians and medical facilities accountable for conduct that harmed a patient intentionally.
What Do I Need to File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
In certain states, filing for medical malpractice lawsuits require plaintiffs to file an affidavit that is signed by an expert under oath. The filing requirements vary from state-to-state and in some cases, the affidavit requires stating the standard care in a treatment and how the standard care was breached.
Call our medical malpractice attorney now!
When taking care of our health, it isn’t enough that we live a healthy lifestyle, go for our routine checkups, or consult medical experts when we feel ill. Part of these precautions is also being vigilant of any intentional or unintentional harm that results from a healthcare practitioner’s negligence.
These neglectful actions can pose serious threats to one’s well-being ranging from illnesses, injuries, and even wrongful death.
If you or a loved one has been harmed by way of medical malpractice, don’t bear the burden of going through it alone. Get in touch with a Wheeling, WV medical malpractice attorney who can handle the case for you.
An attorney from the Ghaphery Law Offices, PLLC can evaluate your case, represent and fight for you, and handle negotiations with the insurance companies to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Get in touch with a medical malpractice attorney right now.