Back Injury Lawyer in Wheeling, WV
At Ghaphery Law Offices, our back injury lawyer in West Virginia have extensive experience assisting victims of car accidents and other serious personal injuries who have suffered back and/or spinal cord trauma. The following are common personal injury causes of back pain and spinal injury:
- car accidents
- penetrating injury
- slip & fall accidents
- truck accidents
- bicycle accidents
- pedestrian accidents
- motorcycle accidents
- blunt-force trauma
- occupational accidents
If you or a loved one has suffered a back injury due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, we would be happy to discuss your potential personal injury case with you. Simply fill out the contact form on our website or call or email us for a free consultation.
Our attorneys have the experience to comprehend the mechanics of your back injury, the typical symptomatology associated with your injury, and the common treatments and recovery for your back injury. If you sustained a back injury in West Virginia, we provide a free consultation to discuss your case.
Why Do I Need a Back Injury Lawyer in Wheeling, WV?
Injuries to the back can cause permanent impairments and have a negative effect on the rest of your life. These wounds must be treated as soon as possible to prevent long-term consequences or even death. In the following ways, an experienced personal injury attorney can help you obtain the compensation and care you require:
- Insurance companies are not looking out for your best interests. Let’s face it, insurance companies can stay in business because they employ trained professionals to reduce the claims paid out to beneficiaries. With minor back injuries, it is even more crucial that you seek the assistance of a back injury attorney, as insurers will attempt to undermine the validity of your claim.
- Know the damages to which you are entitled. An experienced back injury attorney is well-versed in personal injury law. Before filing a lawsuit, they can help you determine the value of your claim and explain what you are entitled to under the law.
- Insurance companies are skilled negotiators; we negotiate on your behalf. They are trained to take advantage of those who lack complete knowledge of their legal rights. It is essential to have a skilled back injury attorney negotiate on your behalf to obtain a fair settlement for your personal injury claim.
- Medical care coverage. Medical expenses can add up quickly and exacerbate an already painful experience. Insurance companies will attempt to cover as little as possible, but if the injury was not your fault, all of your medical bills and related expenses must be covered. The knowledgeable back injury attorneys at Ghaphery Law Offices can assist you in obtaining medical coverage and compensation.
Back Injury Compensation
Frequently, back injury cases result in back injuries. You may need to consult with an attorney to receive compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other injuries sustained in the accident. You must be aware that if the injury was caused by another party’s negligence, that party may be held liable for all of your damages. These can include reimbursement for:
- lost revenue,
- medical expenses,
- lost income,
- distress and suffering,
- emotional distress,
- loss of consortium (such as the inability to engage in sexual activity), etc.
What To Do Following A Back Injury Accident
If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s carelessness, it is important to preserve your ability to make a compelling claim for compensation. Therefore, victims of a back injury accident who have sustained a spinal cord injury should do the following:
- Get the facts straight. What, when, where, and who? Before proceeding with your case, you should have a precise understanding of what transpired.
- Urgently seek medical attention. Even if you are uncertain about the severity of your injuries, it is best to err on the side of caution and seek medical attention.
- Consult a back injury attorney. This is crucial to your case and can make all the difference in the amount of compensation to which you are entitled.
- Keep a record of all expenses incurred in writing. Obtain the original receipts for any money you have spent so that you can provide them to your attorney.
- Stay optimistic. Do not be intimidated by the insurance company, and always consult with your back injury attorney before speaking to anyone about your case.
What are the Types of Back Injuries?
Thoracic Spine Damage
Thoracic spine injuries are typically severe back injuries. The upper back, or thoracic spine, links to the ribs and chest region. Sprains and fractures in this region are typically the results of high-velocity car accidents, and they can cause permanent nerve damage.
Lumbar Spine Injuries
The lumbar spine consists of the five biggest vertebrae and the spine’s strongest stabilizing muscles. That is why a lumbar spine sprain or strain can be very painful. A sprain involves actual ligament damage, whereas a strain entails straining of the ligaments, tendons, and muscles. Strains and sprains can produce bruising, discomfort, and swelling. They may also severely impede your mobility and capacity to do daily activities.
Some victims of automobile accidents suffer from herniated discs. The cushions that divide the vertebrae and protect the spine are called discs. A herniated disc is the result of a displaced disc. Disc herniation frequently exerts pressure on the spinal cord and its surrounding nerves. The most frequently reported symptoms are sudden, excruciating pain in the lower back and numbness in the legs.
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal cord injuries are the most severe back injuries. A spinal cord injury, defined as damage to any portion of the spinal cord or nerves at the end of the spinal canal, frequently results in permanent alterations in strength, sensation, and other body functions below the site of injury. Some damage to the spinal cord results in whole or partial paralysis. Depending on the type of damage or treatment, victims of spinal cord injuries may also be at risk for secondary medical complications, such as infection, blood clots, pneumonia, and spinal fluid leakage.
What Makes Back Injury Cases Complex?
Back injury cases can involve multiple parties, including the party at fault for your injury (the negligent person, company, business, or corporation), your employer if you were injured on the job, the manufacturer of any equipment or facility that caused your injury, and others.
Depending on how the accident occurred, back injuries can cause damage to multiple body parts, such as internal organs, ribs, hips, etc. And it is difficult to keep track of receipts, bills, and other documentation if you are in considerable pain.
Moreover, back injuries can be complicated because it may not be clear how much your injury will cost or what treatment you need to recover. Inadequate care can exacerbate back injuries and lead to the development of chronic conditions that require expensive, ongoing treatment.
Call our Back Injury Lawyers in West Virginia Now!
Having an experienced back injury attorney on your side can ensure that your case is presented in the most favorable light. Injuries to the back are typically expensive and can have life-altering effects, especially when they are severe. Back injuries result in complex legal issues and may necessitate protracted negotiations before a settlement is reached.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries as a result of the carelessness of another person and you would like to investigate the possibility of obtaining compensation for your back injuries, please do not hesitate to get in touch with knowledgeable back injury attorneys at the Ghaphery Law Offices in Wheeling, West Virginia, for a free consultation. We can assist you in exploring your options.